You can access your data, edit your preferences, download your data, or revoke consent by visiting your account. Except for the purposes outlined below, we will not trade, share, or sell your personal data with anyone. Refer to the policy for complete details.
LAST MODIFIED: June 1, 2020
- Information We Collect
- Use of Information
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- Information about Children
- Your Rights
- Links to Other Websites
- Safeguarding Your Information
- Data Storage
- Transfer of Data
- Contact Us
This policy applies to information collected by Angelsfunding.org through all channels, including online and offline donations.
Angelsfunding.org is operated by Carepoint Health Institute, Inc. a 501(c)(3) based in Florida, United States. For the purposes of the applicable data protection law, including the GDPR, Angelsfunding.org is a joint data controller for the processing of your personal data.
Information We Collect
Information Collected from Website Visitors
You may choose to interact with our Website by entering data into form fields and providing personal data to Angelsfunding.org, such as giving us your name, email address, and password when signing up for an account, filling out an application, making a donation, or creating an account to post comments on pages, projects, or our blog.
Information Collected from Registered Users
We collect information when you create an account on our Website, edit your account information, donate to a project, apply to join Angelsfunding.org as an organization, or send or use a gift card, as described below.
Creating an Account:
When you create an account on our Website, we collect basic information about you – your name and email address. You can choose to provide additional information, such as your mailing address, a photo, favorite projects, etc., if you create a profile or create a Angelsfunding.org fundraiser.
Making a Donation:
When you make an online donation on Angelsfunding.org, we collect personal data such as your name, billing address, and email address, if you have not previously provided these details during a prior session. We collect information about your donation, including the project you are donating to and the amount of your donation. We also collect (but do not retain) credit card numbers which are processed by a third-party payment vendor subject to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. If you use PayPal, Apple Pay, M-PESA/M-Changa, or a similar service, their use of your information is based on their terms of service and policies, not ours, so we encourage you to review those policies carefully.
We may also ask you to share a brief description about why you decided to donate to your selected cause(s) along with your name and general location. If you elect to provide this optional information, we will share your comments with the organization(s) you have donated to and may also publicly share this information to inspire other visitors to follow your generous example.
When you give a Angelsfunding.org Gift Card, we collect payment and contact information from you, as well as the name, email address, and mailing address of your recipient. You may create a personal message to the recipient, which is stored on our servers. Except in the limited circumstances described below, we do not read or use your personal messages.
If you are the recipient of an Angelsfunding.org Gift Card, we collect information from you when you redeem the Card to make a donation. Please note that we may share this information with the individual or entity who gave you the gift card.
Donations in Honor/Memory of Someone:
When you make a donation in honor or memory of a loved one, we collect payment and contact information about you, as well as the name, email address, and mailing address of the recipient. You may create a personal message to the recipient, which is stored on our servers. Except in the limited circumstances described below, we do not read or use your personal messages.
Contests, Promotions, and Surveys:
Periodically, Angelsfunding.org may invite you to participate in contests, take advantage of special promotions, and complete online surveys. If you have created a Angelsfunding.org account or profile, information we collect from these contests, promotions, and surveys may be associated with you personally.
Creating a Fundraiser:
When you create a fundraiser for a project on Angelsfunding.org , we collect information about projects you propose or wish to support. Angelsfunding.org notifies the project leader when a fundraiser is established for their project, but does not share your personal data with the project leader or the project. Remember, however, that anything you post on your fundraiser site will be seen by visitors to the Website.
If you donate to a fundraiser, then we will also share your name and the date and amount of your donation with the person who created the fundraiser unless you elect to be anonymous.
Information Obtained From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from public records and from databases like OFAC when conducting due diligence on nonprofit organizations or conducting fraud prevention checks on donations.
Use of Information
Angelsfunding.org uses the personal data that you provide or we obtain, and the technical information logged by our servers to process your donations, to:
- Process your donations, contact you regarding any questions related to your donation, mail gift cards related to your donation (if applicable), and ensure that Gift Aid can be claimed (if you are eligible). Use of this data is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us in connection with your donation. If you do not provide the necessary data to us or our payment service provider, we will not be able to process your donation.
- Comply with our legal obligations (for example, we are required to pass relevant data to the HMRC or other competent authority for Gift Aid claims, to review organizations to comply with OFAC regulations).
- Send you updates on how your donation has been used, project appeals, newsletters, events, matching opportunities, information about Angelsfunding.org, and projects we think we think will be of interest to you. We will only send you this information by email if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your personal data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each email we send you. You can also unsubscribe from Angelsfunding.org communications by logging into your account and editing your preferences (general account settings can be accessed at https://www.angelsfunding.org/dy/v2/user/account/; email preferences can be accessed at https://www.angelsfunding.org/dy/v2/user/email/).
- As necessary for certain legitimate interests, which include the following:
- Notify your friends and family about your donation in their honor if you ask us to;
- Using the technical information logged by our servers when you visit our Website (described above) to improve your experience on our Website (such as remembering your name, the items in your Cart, or your preferences) and preventing fraudulent activity;
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
- We may anonymize the information that we collect and use such anonymized data for statistical and market research purposes, including sharing it with affiliates, business partners, and academic researchers;
- Operate the Website, market and advertise our services, and operate our business; and
- Compile aggregate statistics that allow us to understand how visitors or registered users use our Website, and to make improvements in design and content to better serve you.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will share your personal data with our agents, representatives, service providers and contractors in order to process your donations, offer you services in connection with our Website, communicate news and information about Angelsfunding.org, provide customer service, mail gift cards, notify the project(s) you elect to support about your donation, marketing and advertising, and complete financial transactions. These service providers are authorized to use your personal data only to the extent necessary to serve these purposes, or as otherwise authorized by this policy. Except for the purposes outlined herein, we will not trade, share, or sell a donor’s personal data with anyone else.
Unless you ask us not to, we share your personal data under the following circumstances:
- When you donate to a project, we share your name and contact information and the amount of your donation with the project leader and organization running that project.
- When you donate to a fundraiser, we share your name and the date and amount of your donation with the person who created the fundraiser.
- When you make a donation that is part of a campaign sponsored by your employer, and/or when your employer is being asked to match your donation, we will share your name, email address and the amount of your donation with your employer.
- When you decide to post a comment or share why you supported a cause, we will share and attribute your comment on our site publicly and with the cause you have supported;
- Each time you make a donation, however, we will give you the opportunity to tell us not to share your personal data in the ways described above (except in the case of employer matched donations) by selecting to be “anonymous” during the checkout process.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data in the following circumstances: (1) we need to respond to a subpoena, court order or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (2) an emergency situation requires disclosure before your permission can be obtained (e.g., situations involving potential threats to personal safety), or; (3) we determine that disclosure is needed to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of another person, in which case we will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data continues to be protected.
We may share aggregated demographic and statistical information with our other partners. This is not linked to any personal data that can identify any individual person.
Like most websites, our servers automatically collect certain technical information when you visit our Website, including your IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, the referring URL, and, if you have visited our Website before, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We also collect information about your activities on the Website, such as the pages you access.
In order to collect this information, the Website places a cookie on your hard drive. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. We also use web beacons and other technologies to track usage patterns.
We use several tools to collect information about use of this Website. These tools collect information such as how often you visit this Website, what pages you visit when you do so, what elements you interact with, what other sites you used prior to coming to this Website, or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests). We use the information we get from these tools to improve our Website, for website analysis and statistics and respond to service requests you make.
Information about Children
Angelsfunding.org is a general audience website and does not collect information about a visitor’s age. We do, from time to time, partner with other organizations to educate children about philanthropy in general and our work in particular. In those cases, we do not collect personal data from a visitor on pages specifically designed for children.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal data about children under the age of 16 and we do not offer any of our products or services directly to children under the age of 13.
Right to access: You can access your account information or make changes or updates at any time by going to the My Account page. We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the information that we have.
Right to erasure: If you wish to delete your account or have you information removed from our system, you can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For privacy and security, requests must come from the email address tied to your account.
Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we share your personal data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we share your personal data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the information that we have. User can submit the request to access a copy of their information by selecting
Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data, and we will do so:
- If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing.
Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal data, you can report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (details on how to do so can be found on the ICO’s website) or other data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
In addition, when you create an account or profile on our Site, you can decide whether to make some or all of that information public or private. You can change your choices at any time using the My Profile page. Please note, however, that your preferences do not affect the disclosures to project leaders or fundraisers. So, for example, if you make a donation to a fundraiser, then we will display your name and date of your donation on the fundraiser regardless of your profile settings. Likewise, if you contribute to a project, we will share your name and contact information with the project leader. In each case we will give you the opportunity to tell us not to disclose your personal data with the project leader, or publish it on the website or in our annual report. You may ask us to change the anonymous settings on past donations by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will retain donor’s information for as long as the donor’s account is active or as long as needed to provide our services. We may also retain and use your personal data in order to comply with our contractual or legal obligations, audit requirements, resolve disputes, and prevent abuse.
Links to Other Websites
You should take additional steps to safeguard your personal data online. To learn more about how to protect yourself, visit the Federal Trade Commission website (US).
Safeguarding Your Information
Angelsfunding.org understands the importance of keeping your information secure and confidential. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data.
Transfer of Data
The European Commission has determined that the transfer of personal information of its residents outside of Europe must be subject to a legal framework that adequately protects it. To that end, we transfer personal information of European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Swiss residents to the U.S. (or elsewhere) based the use of the Standard Contractual Clauses (also known as “Model Clauses”) within Angelsfunding.org. Per the European Commission, this standard agreement ensures sufficient safeguards for data to be transferred internationally.